Rocky Mountain Youth Corps
by Appalachian Outfitters / Wednesday, 02 January 2019 / Published in
January 29, 2019 @ 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Are you interested in getting paid to work outside on Colorado’s scenic trails? How about sleeping under the stars every night and hiking every day? Want to explore not only Colorado, but also Utah and even Wyoming? The Rocky Mountain Youth Corps offers multiple seasons of employment for young adults ages 18-25. If you want to grow your outdoor skills, leadership skills, and connect with others as a team in beautiful environments, look no further!
Marisa Minerovic will be holding a clinic here at Appalachian Outfitters to discuss her experience working with the Rocky Mountain Youth Corps.
On January 29th from 6-8 pm she would love for you to join me as she talks about:
- What conservation corps are
- Why RMYC?
- How you can apply
- What kinds of jobs are offered in the program
- How much you will be paid
- Work environment
- Suggested gear to bring/not to bring
- Work life and structure of the work week
- Unforgettable weekend trips
- How health and dietary needs are met
- Food, resupplying, and cooking while on the trail
- Job opportunities after working with RMYC
Admission is $10 per person. Please consider attending and gain insight on opportunities within the Forest Service and other outdoor conservation/recreational work. Serving as a corps member is an invaluable learning experience that everyone should consider. We hope to see you there!
To sign up, please click here.