Top Tips and Tricks on How to Take Care of Your Knife
Your knife is your most important tool when traveling in the great outdoors. Like any other tool, it requires care to last a long time. Therefore, today we want to present you with some tips and tricks on how to take care of your knife so you could enjoy it for years to come.
1. Never push your blade into the soil. Your knife could get chipped if it comes into contact with stones or rocks. Even if the soil is soft, there may be rocks underneath the surface.
2. Always clean and dry your knife before putting it back into its sheath. This is particularly important for longer-term storage.
3. If you have a high carbon steel blade, then you need to always slightly oil it before storing it. Pulling out your beloved knife to discover it is covered in rust can be a sad affair and can be a fairly time-consuming mistake to put right.
4. If you possess a leather sheath, always let it fully dry. Leather sheaths can become damp and cause your knife to rust.
5. Lastly, never forget to sharpen your knife before you go on your next trip. A blunt knife can be very dangerous. Take a few minutes to sharpen up and shape the edge, removing any burrs or chips, as necessary.
Work Sharp Guided Field Sharpener
All in all, these are some of the most important tips you need to know when it comes to knife maintenance. If you don't have a knife, consider checking out some of our bestsellers! We are sure you will find the perfect knife!