The Makalu Lite COR-TEC has the intelligent overall design of an excellent all-round pole. That's what makes it light, thin, stable but still extremely comfortable. This Makalu model is made from high-tensile strength Aluminum and features an Aergon COR-TEC grip and the innovative next generation SpeedLock Plus locking system for a hiking experience that's simply unparalleled.
- Exclusive AERGON grip features a hollow core construction to save weight and create an edgeless, rounded grip for comfortable gripping at all angles especially for "palming" on steeper terrain
- COR-TEC grip material is 80% natural ground cork for a more durable, biomechanical design
- Built in 8 degree Positive Angle in LEKI grips keeps wrist in neutral position and provides more efficient pole plants
- Air-textured "no bulk" security strap maintains design dimensions of grip; efficient wicking and fast drying; adjusts and secures strap adjustment without buckles
- Next generation SpeedLock Plus lever locking mechanism offers quick, reliable length adjustments even with gloved hands and is more user friendly thanks to the raised "speed dial" to crank up the holding power when needed. ÊNo tools required!
- Proprietary heat-treated ultralight 16mm HTS 6.5 Series Aluminum upper shaft; 14mm lower shafts
- LEKI's original Carbide Flextips provide secure hold on all terrain and surfaces for years of adventure; easily replaced in the field
- Interchangeable basket system allows a variety of different sized LEKI baskets to be easily screwed on/off for different seasons/uses thanks to offset threads that keep the baskets securely in place