The world’s best-selling, most trusted cam just got better. The new, redesigned Black Diamond C4 rock climbing camalot has now upped the ante, considering it’s 10% lighter yet just as durable as before. Plus, it features a modern design that improves on the old tried-and-true Camalots. The rope belay system of the cam’s lobes is lighter and more sculpted, optimized for strength to weight, while the slings have a visual update for easier differentiation when racking. And speaking of racking, we’re introducing a new innovative trigger keeper on sizes #4, #5, #6, #7, and #8 that keeps the big guys contracted for compact racking and immediately release when you’re ready to place. We’ve also widened the trigger as well for better handling.
- New design is 10% lighter
- Innovative trigger keeper on sizes #4, #5, #6, #7, and #8 for compact racking
- Double-axle design offers the widest range for each cam unit
- C-Loop continuous cable stem design is strong and durable
- LiteWire Rackpack available for easy racking (see Carabiners)