Backpacking groups who want to keep the shared load light will love the 3-person Freelite, an ultralight and spacious 3-season shelter that nearly disappears between three packs.
The Inside: Even with a generous 43 inches (1.09 m) of headroom, 4 inches more than the previous version, and the true rectangular floor (no foot taper like most other tents), the FreeLite is now nine ounces (255 g) lighter. The micromesh tent body provides excellent ventilation (and stargazing) and has a waterproof bathtub-style floor to protect from the elements. Two no-curve tent doors keep you from having to crawl over your tent partner in the middle of the night, and feature zippers that are easy to use with one hand. They also zip closed to a single point so you always know where to open the door, even in the dark. New tech-friendly pockets feature cable ports at the corners for headphone and charging cords. Overhead gear loft pockets are perfect for headlamps, sunglasses and other quick-access items.
The Outside: The semi-freestanding design of the FreeLite is easy and quick to set up. Super strong DAC NFL tent poles, a DuraShield™ waterproof coating and taped seams keep the weather where it belongs—outside. The cutaway rainfly saves weight and features large vestibules for storing any gear you don’t want inside. Easy in-and-out vestibule doors have StayDry™ rain gutters to keep water from dripping onto you and your gear.
The Bottom Line: The semi-freestanding FreeLite 3 will give your backpacking trio the camp comfort you need after a long day on the trail at a weight you won’t even notice.
- Ultralight: Minimum weight is 2 lbs. 6 oz (1.07 kg).
- Livable: True rectangular floorplan and 43 in. (1.09 m) of headroom; two large side-entry vestibules to store gear; interior pockets and overhead gear lofts.
- Waterproof: DuraShield™-coated rainfly and floor and taped seams keep the elements outside where they belong.
- DAC NFL Poles: Super strong, lightweight aluminum tent poles stand up to use and the elements.
- Tech-Friendly Pockets: Cable ports on all pockets for easy cord management.
- Easy Setup & Packing: Unified hub-and-pole system and symmetrical design make setup super quick; ultra-compact stuff sack.
- Maximum Airflow: Micromesh tent body minimizes condensation, keeps out the bugs, and lets in the stars on clear nights.
- Durable Details: Reinforced patches, stitching at guy points and locking anodized stake loop grommets for extra strength.
- Includes: Tent body, rainfly, poles, stakes, guy lines, stuff sack, setup instructions.
|Minimum Weight (Standard)||2 Ibs 6 oz
||Minimum Weight ( Metric)||1.07 kg|
|Packed Weight (Standard)||2 Ibs 11 oz||Packed Weight (Metric)||1.23 kg|
|Floor Dimensions (Standard)||84 x 66 in||Floor Dimensions (Metric)||213 x 168 cm|
|Floor Area (Standard)||38.5 sq. ft||Floor Area (Metric)||3.57 sq m|
|Vestibule Area (Standard)||15 sq ft||Vestibule Area (Metric)||1.4 sq m|
|Number of Poles||2 Dac NFL 8.7mm||Interior Peak Height (Standard)||43 in|
|Interior Peak Height (Metric)||109 cm||Packed Size (Standard)||19 x 5 in|
|Packed Size (Metric)||48 x 13 cm||Number of Doors||2
||Rainfly Fabric||15D ripstop nylon 1200mm Durashield™ polyurethane & silicone|
|Mesh Type:||10D polyester micro-mesh||Floor Fabric:||15D ripstop nylon 1200mm Durashield™ polyurethane & DWR|
|Country of Origin:||Imported|