The third in a series of Helle knives designed with Les Stroud, the Wabakimi combines Helle’s 85 years crafting traditional Scandinavian knives with Stroud’s mastery of primitive skills. The latest addition is a medium sized, well-balanced knife small enough for hip carry, yet amply sized to make precise cutting and long carving sessions comfortable and efficient.
The new knife fits between the larger, best selling Temagami (2010), a practical wilderness knife, and the light and compact Mândra (2017) neck knife. The Wabakimi combines the advantages of the Temagami’s ergonomic handle and long, pointed blade with the Mândra’s rounded shape. Featuring a three-quarter, partial tang reinforced with two robust pins, the handle is made from curly birch wood with a lanyard hole and a 3.3-inch drop point blade using Helle’s renowned triple laminated steel.
- Made in Norway
- Weight | 4.7 oz. / 135 g.
- Blade material | Triple Laminated Carbon Steel.
- Blade thickness | .11 in / 3 mm.
Blade length | 3.3 in / 83 mm.
- Handle material | Curly Birch.
- Handle length | 4.6 in / 116 mm.
- Sheath material | Genuine leather.
- Design By | Les Stroud 2018