Job Title: Sales Associate
Division: Appalachian Outfitters
Reports To: General Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: Responsible for greeting and taking care of customers and for assisting in purchase selections by performing the following duties.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides quality customer service to include assistance with purchases, suggestive selling, and providing product information.*
- Builds and maintains an understanding of the stores products and price information to assist with customer purchases.*
- Must be available days, evenings, weekends, and some holidays.*
- Receives payments from customers, operates cash register and credit card machine, and returns appropriate change as needed.*
- Unloads deliveries to include lifting and carrying boxes, and stocking in appropriate areas.*
- Maintains a neat and orderly store at all times to include dusting and vacuuming.*
- Prepares product displays as requested.*
- Reports any theft or suspected theft by customers or employees to management immediately.*
- Must be willing to teach and assist with classes, store events, and community outreach programs*
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume, and distance.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, internet software, and Microsoft Outlook.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, ability to adjust focus, and ability to see color.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employees are eligible for free climbing for themselves and a guest, and substantial discounts on gear and equipment. A minimum number of hours worked per week is required.
$13.00 - $15.00 per hour
Employees are required to be vaccinated.