An all-purpose companion in the wilderness or for managing tasks closer to home. Ergonomic US-hickory handle with unique anti-slip paint for better grip. The head shape is the German "Rheinland" pattern which offers a larger, curved cutting surface. Each hatchet comes with a heavy-duty leather sheath with a 2-button release system, and a cotton storage bag.
- Made in Germany
- Head weight: 1.35 Lbs
- Total weight: 1.9 Lbs
- Head mount: wood and round metal wedge
- Handle length: 14 inches
- Handle type: US sourced hickory, ergonomic curved shape
- Handle colors: Black (anti-slip) and red
- Sheath: Heavy duty leather with 2 robust buttons (Made in Spain)
- Steel type: C45
- Rockwell hardness of head: 47-55 hrc
- Packaging: Cotton pouch (Made in USA) with instruction manual
Bought as gift. Had a hard time handing it over. Very well made. The only hatchet I have ever bought that didn’t require sharpening before use, very sharp tool. Painless purchase.
Appalachian outfitters provide super service. Hatchett is very nice,decided to start carrying all the time when working on farm. Very handy for brush and using for hammer. Excellent purchase
Ordered a couple hatchets for my boys for Christmas. I am sure they will love the hatchets but i am more impressed with Appalachian Outfitters. Very easy to work with. Products shipped same day and were delivered without a hitch. They kept me in the loop and even verified when the product arrived. Everything was so easy. i will definitely shop with them again.