THE KAITUM AND KAITUM GT models are highly versatile all-season tents. Providing a superb balance of remarkably light weight, comfort, and high strength, they are an excellent choice for those who prefer the flexibility of a two entrance, two vestibule design, but don’t necessarily require the extra strength of our Black Label Keron models. For those wanting even more space, the Kaitum GT model’s extended vestibule offers that with very little weight penalty. The standard sized vestibules can be fully rolled away for tremendous venting, while the GT’s extended vestibule has an entrance on each side for more entry/exit and venting options. Its front section can also be rolled back to create a very protected “covered porch.”
Backpackers, paddle tourers and cyclists will appreciate the Kaitum’s roominess, light weight, and small packed size. Hunters, winter campers, ski tourers, and climbers will favor its all-season strength and impressive space to weight ratio, and taller users of all types will find the Kaitum models a roomy pleasure. The four-person Kaitum 4 and Kaitum 4 GT are both perfect for backpacking families, couples who camp with their dogs, or anyone looking for a roomy but remarkably lightweight 4-person tent.Details
- Red Label
- 3 person
- The Kaitum 3 is a remarkable, two door/two vestibule tent offering maximum usable space, outstanding comfort, and excellent strength in a lightweight package.
- Kerlon 1200 outer tent fabric and 9mm poles make for a very lightweight yet supremely stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Tunnel construction offers maximum space to weight ratio and is the ideal choice for mobile journeys.
- Plenty of room for three occupants and their gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Tunnel design requires only four pegs for pitching, and the simple, single opening continuous sleeve and pole tensioner system is quick to pitch and remarkably stable.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent, and can be left attached during pitching.
- Minimum Weight: 2.9 kg/6 lbs 6 oz
- Packed Weight: 3.4 kg/7 lbs 8 oz
- Inner Height: 105 cm/41 in
- Inner Tent Area: 3.6 m/38.7 ft
- Vestibule Area: 2 x 1.3 m, 2 x 14 ft
- Outer Tent Fabric: Kerlon 1200
- Poles (10 mm) 1 x 328, 2 x 285 cm/1 x 129.1, 2 x 112.2 in
- Pegs: 18 V-Pegs
- Packed Size (Length x Diameter) 51 cm x 18 cm, 20 in x 7 in