Sale Sold out
Unit price per
Regular price $1,620.00 USD
Out of stock
THE IDEA BEHIND THE TARRA was to create a kind of hybrid “tunnel dome” model, with a tunnel tent’s usable roominess and the static strength of a dome. The resulting boxy inner tent has near vertical walls, while the four-pole structure boasts five crossing points for an exceptionally strong structure. Like its “big brothers,” the 4 person Saitaris and 3 persons Saivo, the 2 person Tarra is simple to pitch, makes a fine base camp tent, and is fully capable of taking on the most challenging weather. So, as with the Saitaris and Saivo, the Tarra is often the choice of mountain climbers, and ski or paddle tourers. But its simplicity, strength and roominess also make it quite popular with travelers who take extended trips in remote, rugged locales, and with backcountry walkers, especially those who enjoy travelling in unruly conditions.
- Kerlon 1800 outer tent fabric and 10 mm poles make for an exceptionally strong and stable tent.
- All season construction: outer tent walls extend to the ground and mesh areas are backed with adjustable fabric panels.
- Dome construction with multiple pole crossing points provide outstanding snow-load handling capability.
- Plenty of room for two occupants and their gear.
- Linked but separable inner and outer tent for simultaneous pitching.
- Self-supporting dome design requires only the vestibules to be pegged, and the straightforward short sleeve and clip pole system make for quick, easy set up.
- Dual entrances and vestibules ensure that one door can always be situated out of the wind and provide flexible entry/exit and storage options.
- An optional footprint covers the entire area of the outer tent, including the vestibules. It connects directly to the tent and can be left attached during pitching.
- The outer and inner tents can be used separately. Pitching the inner tent alone requires optional pole holderes (see accessories).
- Black Label
- 2 person
- The Tarra is our strongest two person dome tent, designed for use in the harshest, most demanding conditions.
- Minimum Weight: 3.8 kg/8 lbs 6 oz
- Packed Weight: 4.3 kg/9 lbs 8 oz
- Outer tent fabric: Kerlon 1800
- Poles (10 mm): 4 x 372 cm, 4 x 146.5 in
- Pegs: 18 Y-Peg