- Multi-purpose saw with smooth cutting action, makes this saw suitable for pruning as well as cutting dry, hard timber
- Rubber insert in the steel handle is very easy to grip and lends to its perfect balance
- Blade length is 240 mm/9.4 in.
- Blade thickness is 1.4 mm
- Clear carry case included
- Great for landscaping, hiking, camping, trail building, hunting and general outdoor use
While working with a friend, there were some branches I wanted to cut that the roll bar on our mower would catch on. He let me use his Silkey Gomboy 240 and I had to have one. I like that it cuts on the pull stroke and it makes a clean cut. I have used it for pruning and to cut branches to make them more compact in the truck bed. While working it stays in my back pocket for quick access. The handle doesn’t slip in your hand, it’s easy and comfortable to hang on to it.I also got a Gomboy 300 to replace a 30 inch bow saw but haven’t used it yet. If you want a tool that does what it’s designed to do, this does it.
If you hike the A.T. there are shorter
, lighter Gomboys.